Many visitors have taken the time to write to me after their visit - there are some nice folk around!
- I just wanted to commend you on the site and voice my agreement concerning the oft times interesting variations of a common language base. Good
luck with the site, and I have already bookmarked it in order that I might watch the metamorphosis occur.
- Very nice site. I'm planning to try ensemble playing.
- My goodness, what a fine website you are creating! The general subject should be of considerable interest to teachers, and I enjoyed everything
I read. Your style is very enjoyable!
- Derek, I love it! (and now I even know how to pronounce your name!)
- Thanks! Really liked your pages...
- I just wanted to thank you for all your useful advice. You're very kind to take such interest. I couldn't agree more with your goal of having
fun. I think it will be a great way to get more people involved in the guitar society. Many folks that might not feel comfortable getting up to
play solo in front of others would probably appreciate the opportunity to be involved in making music with others. Cheers to you for all your effort!
- This is a wonderful site! I'm a route sales supervisor by day ( by most of the week ) and a recording engineer by night ( on the weekends ),
who also happens to love classical guitar. Your site is very informative and entertaining. Thank you for sharing it with everyone. I hope I can
get a few people to want to start an ensemble with me.
- Thank you for a wonderful Web Site! I just started out doing some duo playing with a friend of mine and your lessons have been great.
- Nice site, Mate! I am a teacher in a small city called Albany on the south coast of Western Australia. I have been running ensembles for many
years both privately and within the education department. I was surprised that you had not mentioned anywhere on your page the great things you
can do to enhance a guitar ensemble by using guitar orchestra instruments. [Derek's note - I have now - see the Orchestra Pit] I will more
than likely be buying some of your music in the very near future.
- I meant to send you a line last week, because at the last Guit Soc meeting one of the members brought in one of your Diffrent Dances (with Penultimate
Waltz amongst others). ... And I just wanted to pass on the comment that it was fun to play, and the listeners thought it was good too.
- Thanks for the ensemble music! All of your arrangements look really nice. Your website is an amazing and wonderful source and resource for guitar
ensemble! You are doing a great thing for the world of guitar and especially for us teachers who have ensembles. Your music will bring a lot of
enjoyment to our sessions. Thanks again, and I'll be back visiting your website many times.
- And the audio on your web site was great! How can I listen to an audio of a guitar ensemble and observe that everyone is smiling and enjoying
themselves? You must be a great teacher.
- I tried out the Mozart "Table Music", the Bach "Crab Canon" and the two ensemble pieces that you had on you web site last
night with the group. You were a big hit. I will be ordering some of your arrangements soon.
- I think your website is great! We have a Classical Guitar Society here in the Hampton Roads Area and I feel
that you have given many a "ensembler" very good points... I feel that I had to give you a personal message of Thanx...so here it is......THANX.
- I don't have any suggestions or complaints, but rather just some gratitude. I really appreciate your page. I am not currently involved in a
guitar ensemble, (though I would love to be) none the less I find the information on your page very helpful and applicable to the rock band that
I am in. I also enjoy your humor: After a long day working at a video store I come home and glance around your page just to relax. To cram it all
into a nutshell: THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MR. HASTED!
- Almost moved to England to be able to study with you, in fact! :-) How wonderful it must be for beginners of various levels to have the experience
of playing *successfully* in an ensemble! I liked your lessons and wondered how I could find someone(s) to do all this with...You have a wonderful
web page and a very useful one. I am a maybe advanced beginner at age 61 and love the classical guitar - I even love the struggling to learn because
the sounds are so beautiful and the process is so gratifying. Thank you for your work in designing and keeping up the web page.
- I had the opportunity to read through some of your ensemble pieces with other guitar teachers at the Hartt Suzuki Institute last summer and
look forward to using them in my ensemble classes in the year to come...Thanks again for your wonderful distillations of what must be many years
of successful and satisfying teaching.
- I visited your site some months ago. It gets better and better, congratulations. Since you put me onto Saraband in Sydney [Derek's note -
an Australian shop] we have added several of your pieces to our repertoire, and they are well received and fun to play, particularly the rags.
Many thanks for your music.
- I have been to your site a few times and resolved to spend a moment to say thank you the next time I stopped by.
- Just to let you know i really enjoyed your site! Found it through playing your Springtide suite in a trio that has now become a quartet! Any chance of a similar piece in mood and level for a quartet? Keep up the good work, an enthusiastic teacher is always a bonus, and one with humour.........!
A public thank you from me to all who take time to tell me I brightened their day.
Their emails have a reciprocal effect on me!